January 18th, 2023
TO: European Union (EU), UK, USA, and African Union (AU).
– Somaliland Societies in Europe.(SSE),
– Somaliland Community in USA,
– Mobilizing Diaspora for Solutions (DMS),
WE HEREBY BELIEVE THAT THE RECENT PROTESTS AND RIOTS IN LAS ANOD CITY (LAASCAANOOD) OF SOMALILAND IS BOTH LOCAL AND FOREIGN-INFLUENCE RELATED INCITEMENT
- Extremist groups and anti Somaliland were behind the calls for plotted assassinations and incitement of violence that encouraged recent protests and riots in Las Anod city of Somaliland. Expats originally from the city of Las Anod and living in Europe, America, Canada and Australia with different objectives are behind the protests and riots in the city. They are also engaged in war of propaganda and fabrications through social media to carry out violent activities against peace and stability of Somaliland in the Horn of Africa endangering the peace and stability of the local people of Las Anod as well as the stability of the whole Horn region in Africa. There is belief of suspicion that expat organizers of the violent riots in Las Anod city are secretly funded by China to kick out Americans of the Horn of Africa and replace it with China. The organizers also collect money for their violent mission from the ordinary people residing respectively in their countries abroad.
- The trouble makers, inciters and the perpetrators (Expatriates and those living in the city), who are also against African colonial borders to undermine Somaliland territorial integrity, is not the exclusive inhabitants of Sool, Sanaag and Ain as it claims but these regions are widely shared by most of the tribes of Somaliland people. The trouble makers are involved in violent activities that could easily attract terrorists to cause mayhem to the region and to the strategic-maritime of the Red Sea to disrupt global smooth, peaceful navigation.
- We clearly state that there is no tribal borders or tribal states in Africa or even in the Third World. The borders of Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti are based on land and have internationally equal status and legitimacy because they were all colonially-drawn borders like the rest of African countries. Therefore, anyone or group who opposes Somaliland colonial borders is denying the legitimacy of all African colonial borders which define the territory, people, independence and the recognition under international of each African country, for instance the borders between Somalia and Ethiopia and the borders between Ethiopia and Djibouti.
Somaliland withdrew from the thirty-year long devastating, disastrous union with Somalia (1960-1990) on May 18, 1991 and reclaimed its independence achieved on June 26, 1960 from the United Kingdom based on Somaliland British Protectorate borders.
Hence, Somaliland independence does not violate the principles of African colonial borders and is in Accordance with African Union Conference Declaration issued in Cairo of Egypt on July 12-17, 1964 to respect and recognize African Colonial Borders to keep peace and stability of post-independence in Africa.
- a) We request and call on the government of the Republic of Somaliland to listen to and do something about the concerns of the people of Las Anod area, while the first priority is always the security of citizens and the protection of Somaliland’s sovereignty;
- b) We urge European Union (EU), UK, USA, Canada, Australia, GCC and the African Union to curb those expats collecting money for calling for violence and assassinations in Las Anod city of Somaliland to main peace and stability in the Horn of Africa.
Long Live Somaliland
Click the link