By M.A. Egge
The Minister of Interior Hon. Mohamed Kahin Ahmed held a meeting on Thursday with senior Genel Energy officials.
The oil drilling company is conducting prospective oil exploration and drilling in some regions of Somaliland.
The meeting was mostly a brief briefing, as the Genel Energy company is working hard to succeed in extracting the resources in the country, a prospectus that is deemed to be likely quite successful.
The development that the nation is going through and the vision that Somaliland wants to exploit its resources is due to the unity of the Government and its people with the common goal of safeguarding the security for the development of the country.
At the meeting the minister was flanked by the Director General Mr. Mohamed Yusuf Ismail.
Representatives of Genel Energy were:
- Mike Adam’s (technical director)
- Michael Hohbein (Asset manager for Africa)
- Ibrahim Hassan -(Somaliland country manager)
- Abdi Din (Janaale)- (government affairs)
- James Hopkinson- (above-ground risk advisor)