Nationlink Telecom Somaliland is the largest network operator in east Africa which also operates in all regions of Somaliland. It’s also Somaliland’s oldest telecommunication network.
Nationlink Telecom Somaliland requires a qualified person for the below position at it’s Head office, Hargeisa, Somaliland.
1. Project coordinator Officer:
Joining the global leader in Telecom, you will be a proactive team player with strong experience in project coordination. You will have excellent time management skills, and the ability to manage a demanding work load. Reporting in to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will be measured on the maintenance of the Programme plan & budget, explaining variances as well as the maintenance of risks/issues logs in liaison with Project/Programme Managers.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the COO and all Group managers to support the implementation of a new Operating Model and accompanying business change/systems initiatives into the business environment.
This position will support the Commercial and Technical Manager’s in all aspects of Programme Management Office work. This includes, but is not limited to, the management of the programme plan, coordination of resources and addressing resource constraints, identification and handling of issues and risks, as well as preparation of status updates, as well as to identify trends and common symptoms of incidents and highlight cases for further investigation. You will then coordinate the detailed root cause analysis and delivery of the solution by the appropriate technical or commercial teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Degree in Information Systems or Business and Marketing
- Expertise with the tools and techniques of project management (e.g. Microsoft Project Management), including experience in technical project management
- Experience in managing the admin for project teams
- Strong commercial and marketing awareness
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP) advantageous but not essential
- Strong coordination, organisational abilities and technical skills
- Proven written and verbal communications skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Self motivated, proactive and able to work productively despite tight deadlines and challenging circumstances and able to encourage others to do the same
2. Marketing & PR Manager
As Marketing & PR Manager you will be a key contributor to the Nationlink Somaliland Marketing strategy and responsible for the tactical implementation within the Country. You will take the lead on new product development and marketing growth strategies. This is a highly commercial role with focus on managing the PR and driving profitability.
Managing a team of direct reports you will provide clarity and direction for the marketing team ensuring excellence in execution for all marketing activity. This role requires a leader who is naturally motivational and can reinforce teamwork.
You will be an active member of the Nationlink Somaliland leadership team and to ensure consistency in strategic and tactical direction.
The Marketing & PR Manager will be responsible for drafting and delivering the full marketing plan, inclusive of all PR activity to drive awareness of the brand in both the Telecom and consumer market. You will manage all trade events, external and internal communications and all quantitative and qualitative research to aid new product development.
You will work closely with customers to encourage consumer trial and drive revenue in venue, and be responsible for managing and developing the marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge and interest in Telecommunication, be degree qualified and have worked in a corporate environment. You will ideally have experience of the public relations and brand management and be confident in delivering marketing plans in an autonomous environment.
To be suitable for the PR & Marketing Manager position you will need:
- Experience of both B2B and B2C marketing.
- To be commercially astute, willing to challenge and be responsive to changing business needs
- A proven track record in new production development, innovation and category development.
- Demonstrable experience of team management, leadership and the ability to drive performance management and career development.
- Development of the existing Marketing Platform to ensure that the needs of both our Customers are met now and into the future.
- Ownership of the Marketing Planning & ensuring that Customer Retention is maintained.
- Working with the Commercial Team to ensure that the corporate income opportunities are maximized and Merchandising & Promotional opportunities exist for Partners.
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations.
Nationlink is an equal opportunity employer and applications are particularly encouraged from minorities and underrepresented groups.
The candidates should submit, latest 8th April, 2010, application letter with updated CV. E-mail it to HR@nationlink-sl.com only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.